Saturday, November 3, 2012

Extra Blog Post #1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xv6PvH8hVKE

In my opinion the definition of art includes performance. I have been a cheerleader all of my life which means that I have been performing practiced routines in front of large crowds for years. When performing I do a skill called a backflip. A backflip is an art because it requires practice, is watched by others, and your body is bending and being positioned in unique ways that takes time and effort to perfect. Not everyone can just do a backflip. It took me millions of tries before I was able to say that I could successfully land a backflip all on my own. On top of that it cost a good amount of money to pay a coach to give me private lessons weekly. The video that I chose to use for my first chosen blog post teaches viewers what it takes to do a backflip which seems like a simple task but definitely is not. Once I accomplished it I was extremely proud of myself and knew that all of my hard work was worth it. It gave me a sense of confidence in a way that not many people can say they understand. The video is clear and to the point. I think it did a great job at exemplifying the art of doing a backflip and would recommend it to others who are interested in learning how to do one themselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment