Monday, October 15, 2012

Arts/Cultural Response: The Zac Brown Band Concert


            On Wednesday, October 10th I went to see a famous country band, The Zac Brown Band, in concert. The concert started at 7pm and took place in the Bryce Jordan Center. I have been to numerous concerts before so this was not a new experience for me. In the past I have gone to concerts to see singers and performers such as Britney Spears, Kid Cudi, Kelly Clarkson, Avril Lavigne, The Jonas Brothers and more. This was even my second concert that I have been to just at Penn State! I was also lucky enough to attend a free concert not too long ago to see Jack Johnson here.
I went to the concert with a group of my friends and had an amazing time overall. We got lucky because once we got there we were upgraded to sit in Section 108 instead of our original seats in Section 208 that we had paid for. My absolute favorite part was when the band performed the song “Chicken Fried” because I listen to that song pretty much every single day. It was different to actually get to listen to it live and in person for a change! It was perfect because it was the final song that they played. As a result, everyone was even more excited when they finally heard the song start to begin. Along with “Chicken Fried” my other two favorite songs that they performed were “Toes” and “Knee Deep.”
Although there were a few songs that the band played that I did not recognize, they made time to fit in every song that I was hoping to hear so all of my friends and I were pleased. I would definitely pay to go to another concert to see The Zac Brown Band again. My expectations for the night were high, but The Zac Brown Band definitely lived up to them. If I could, I would do the night all over again!  


5 comments:

  1. I love the Zac Brown Band! I was so jealous that you got go! Thats so cool that you got to sit in better seats too! Im glad you had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a huge Zac Brown Band fan too! I got to see them in the summer at Pittsburgh and they were amazing live. I also listen to 'Chicken Fried' everyday too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Zac Brown Band is probably one of my favorites bands. After your post I really regretted not waiting in line to go see them. Hopefully sometime in the future I will be lucky enough to attend one of their concerts. Nice blog post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Zac Brown Band, I was very upset I didn't get a chance to go. I'm happy to hear they played Chicken Fried, that's also my favorite song.

    ReplyDelete