Thursday, September 6, 2012

Arts/Cultural Blog Post #1: What We Talk About When We Talk About Blogs

Title: I chose to title my blog “Exploring the Many Styles Here at Penn State” because I have always been told how diverse this school is but I did not realize exactly how diverse it really was until I started living in State College myself. By studying the arts at Penn State I hope to come across new styles that can teach me something I did not previously know. I am sure I will see things that are both similar to the art that I am used to and extremely different. I am also sure that I will be passing and encountering various forms of art on a day-to-day basis. I am interested to learn more about the way that other people think and see things and expand my boundaries that I have been living within for so long now.

Background: Picking out a template for my blog was probably the easiest step for me. The background picture of the road leading far into the distance symbolizes, to me, my journey into the next four years of my college life. Just like this image does not show an end to this long, winding road, my options and opportunities here at Penn State are endless. The cheerful colors of the bright blue sky and perfectly green grass are also what led me to choose this template because they will help to lift my mood every time I sign onto my page.

Font: Similar to my personality I chose a font that was bubbly and inviting. I have never seen the font style that I chose before so I figured I would try something new instead of the plain, formal Times New Roman font that we are always inclined to use as students. I wanted my page to come across as exciting to help the information on it seem that much more interesting to those who view it.

About Me Introduction: In my about me introduction at the top of my page I chose to include my name, obviously, and where I am from to get started. After that I briefly mentioned how I enjoy hanging out with my friends in my spare time and my favorite place: the beach. I chose to mention these two things because when I think of myself those are two of the first things that pop into my head. I am interested to see if anyone from the class has either of those things in common with me!

Font Color: Pink is my favorite color so I had to make sure that it made it onto my blog somewhere! The color pink shows the girly side of my personality and to me is a color, similar to red, that represents love. My entire dorm room is filled with pink to help me feel more at home so I figured that I would bring it to my blog page to give it that comforting feeling as well.

         I am satisfied with my blog and feel that it represents me perfectly. It is not simple but, at the same time, it is not too far out there either. The experience of building it was sort of harder and more time-consuming than I expected but I enjoyed doing it. I found it to be a fun assignment. I hope to get to know my classmates and the way that they write better by blogging for this course!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Becca,

    I like the casual font style you chose and the explanation you offer for why you picked it. My daughter also adores pink!

    S

    ReplyDelete