Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Arts/Cultural Assignment #3: The Arboretum at Penn State


Although I am not a nature-lover, I really enjoyed our class trip to the Arboretum this past Monday. I find nature to be absolutely beautiful and inspiring however, I do not find myself spending a ton of time in and around it. One of the first things I saw when arriving at the Arboretum was this open floor with draping white curtains. I assumed that people paid good amount of money to have special ceremonies here such as a wedding and found it to be a gorgeous place for something like this. 




This was my first time to the Arboretum and I am glad that we had our English class there for the day because I do not think that I would have gone otherwise. I honestly did not even know it existed until I was told to meet there early that morning. Now that I have seen it once and experienced walking through all of the different scenery, I think that I will definitely go back at some point again. I would love to introduce my friends to it as well because I am pretty sure that they have not heard of it either and I find it to be one of the greatest spots at State College. This type of flower shown on the right was one of my favorites that I saw while walking around. The colors in it were what stood out to me.




As I was passing all of the benches and chairs within the Arboretum I kept telling myself that I should return to this gorgeous garden to get some peaceful time and clear my head. It is hard to find places like that in such a large and densely populated college like Penn State. I also thought about how I would not mind going back to get some schoolwork done at times before it starts getting too cold because I am used to being crammed in my small dorm room doing it.









3 comments:

  1. Becca--

    So glad you enjoyed your visit! Don't you love those orange chairs just tucked away like that?

    S

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you and yes it was so private!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your pictures! The first one is my favorite I'm not sure I even saw that during our trip there. I'm glad I'm not the only one who had no idea we had our own Arboretum haha.

    ReplyDelete